I’m always on the lookout for fast, easy, economical, and delicious healthy recipes. My friend Bobi shared this White Bean Chicken Chili recipe with me and it is so very good, made from staple ingredients, and takes less than 10 minutes to make! If you’re using a Power Pressure Cooker like the InstaPot or GoWise USA Cooker, you can have this recipe ready to eat in about 35 minutes…and have almost no dirty dishes from making it! My whole family loves this one and it is the perfect go-to recipe when you suddenly find yourself with company coming over.
- 4 chicken breasts (frozen is fine and organic is best)
- 1 quart (4 cups) chicken broth, homemade is best
- 1 quart (4 cups) water
- 1 cup dry white northern beans (no need to presoak, but you can if you prefer)
- 1 (4 oz) can green chilis
- 2-3 tsp chili seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3-4 Tblsp lime juice
- fresh cilantro
- Add all ingredients (except fresh cilantro) to slow cooker or power pressure cooker. If using a slow cooker, cook on low for 6-8 hours. If using a power pressure cooker, cook 35 minutes on high or 4-6 hours on slow cooker setting. Shred chicken before serving. Top with fresh cilantro if desired.
You wouldn’t think you could just throw the chicken in while frozen and the beans in while dry, but believe it or not, you CAN and the recipe turns out amazing every time. If you’d like to make your own chili seasoning for even better flavor and savings, click here for our recipe.
To learn more about how to make your own chicken broth, click here.
Eating healthy in this busy age can be a challenge, but we have found that having the right tools…like a power pressure cooker… can make a huge difference on time efficiency. We personally us a GoWise USA pressure cooker yet have also heard great things about the InstPot. Try one for yourself and see how easy dinner can be!